Monday 19 November 2012

Indoor Scene




So after the team decided to concentrate on the indoor scene before Christmas I decided to have a look at creating the Fire and the light of the fire in the room.

The environment (by kirsteen) was already really homely and has a warm feel to it and I really wanted to emphasise and exaggerate that element. I used a series of layers and masks to create the light and particles for the fire shape. I then set key frames for the opacity of certain layers to create the feel of the light flickering and moving.



It was felt that the fire needed to be more than a simple suggestion of fire, but an actual fire...I tried to create a simple fire in after effects using a few fire shapes and changing the opacity and blending the layers onto the above test. However it just didn't come together, so we decided that the best way to achieve the result we required was to animate it by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment